Thursday, September 27, 2007

Now, this will not go to the Trash can!

After having shared with you my familiarity with books-that-you-start-to-hate-once-you-read experiences, I must talk about this. Something that has come to my relief after a long wait. This book is called ‘The Hindi Bindi Club’.Caught a glimpse of it on http://www.curledup.com/. The synopsis was catchy and that lured me to read it. Well, I never had to regret, really. All about the relation between mothers and daughters, migrated to the US from India who are confused, torn apart between cultures yet prudent about themselves. A cache of some very warm conversations, thoughts and yes some scrumptious Indian recipes. Now, I am not gonna deny completely on the point that it is a girly book. It is in its own way. It however stands out in the way the strength of characters are projected. A good Tea Time read !

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the book may have the traces of Indian saas bahu serial type story!! though not sure but i think!!

Gomathy S said...

Hmm a girly book.. would love to read..but I'm kind of fed up with this NRI books..

PurpleHeart said...

Santosh, NO !

Gomathy, This is not something you would want to write off ! :)

Bungz said...

Hmmm... Will put it on my reading list... But you know what i really want to read? Dogs of Babel...

Anonymous said...

its been a while since i read something worthy...
hey btw, still waiting for the comment on the dance...

PurpleHeart said...

Bungi, I just googled to find out wht's this book u r talking abt...looks like it's a tragic one on Animal-abuse! Not my cuppa tea, i say.

Chriz, Done !

Sirpy said...

Ha ha.. No, no..The dogs of babel is not about animal abuse.. It is a moving murder story.. God knows how tht is possible, anyway.

praveen said...

this reminds me the story of 'the namesake'...

PurpleHeart said...

Sirpy, Now that's news !

Praveen, really ?