Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Why can't good things last a little longer !




I wouldn't have realized it if it was not for the unusual jam of traffic, as early as 7:30 AM, yesterday. I decided to drive in a little early to work and was wondering what was pulling all these folks, so madly, at such an early hour.

I mean, traffic in Trivandrum, any day would not be as crazy as in Bangalore.

And then, there were these mobs of school children all around. It took me their not-so-happy faces to grasp the point that schools were reopening after the holidays.
(I must say, not everyone's face was unhappy, but mine indeed went gloomy, when I had this abrupt feeling that it's back to school today )

I felt so thankful, that I didn’t have to face this terrible day anymore. Having been able to scoop up two whole months all for myself, with no schools, no homework, no teachers (and the sad thing was no friends, but that was okay, you would catch up for all those lost out time, later during school) , used to be the best thing of my life, until I was in the 9th grade.

(We could not take the liberty of fleeing school during summer, after 9th ‘coz there were classes held on holidays, for the next grade because the teachers wanted to wind up lessons, much before the end of the academic year, to let us take time to revise stuff).

I reckon I used to chuck all my text books and question papers out on the ledge of the cupboard, on the last day of the exams and run around , having lost total control of my sanity.
I am still in love with that moment.

End of the holidays , to me, were always like the dementors of the Harry Potter books. Nothing could have more easily sucked out all the joy and hope, from my insides. I really don’t know why I hated school reopenings so much, because, things used to get more fun n nice, slowly, in about a month.

But the first day of school, any year, any place was always just too awful.


13 comments:

Bungz said...

I miss vacations. :( There is no such thing as vacation, and at that two months vacation, once we grow up. Sad...

Gomathy S said...

School days - they are just wonderful.
I remember waiting for the last exam..it used to be a big celebration time !!

PurpleHeart said...

Bungi, I know we miss them the most when we get back home, all excited for a week end and there is this school kid next door, saying, "my school is shut for the next 2 months'

Gomathy, do you remember the fun we used to have in auto, while getting back after the last xam ? Our auto mama used to buy us candies !! I can't stop longing for them again !

Anonymous said...

sandhya!
thank u for visiting my blog.
but which sandhya is this?
sowieeeeeee.....
i went thru the about me section and infact thru all ur posts...
finally found out that u r from trivandrum, thanx to the shankar mahadevan show in technopark.. hey were u there? we won the bhangra dance event !!
btw, is this sandhya from csi matric! my classmate? infy? do revert

That Squirrel said...

Really really nice post! I totally felt what you felt while reading this. The feeling on the last of exams and the feeling on the first day of school is something that always stays familiar! omg...you from csi matric also??? please let me know who you guys (chriz also) are!!

Anonymous said...

oiii sandhya!

started in blogspot.. will be using this one.. do add ur feed...

Bungz said...

I am also sad that the schools have started now... Had more road space when going to work in the mornings. My ride to my work is becoming a tougher hurdle race...

PurpleHeart said...

Chriz, Thanks for visiting mine as well ! Yup, We have been good old classmates and now Technopark mates hee hee !!

Anju, I am from CSI Matric too. And so is Chriz. '99 passed-out and hey, there's more, I went on to NI.. :) I mean, was junior to u by a year, EIE !

Anonymous said...

8 long years. Been here for more than a year in technopark too,still haven't met.Thats the magic of this virtual world..EIE? me too EIE. :)

Anand said...

well we don't realize that we are having good time until its passed or either something terrible starts happening with us.. btw u still get holidays, sat and sunday.. and these are the best days in the week... and monday s**k a big time.. :|

P.S:-seems like a school/college or company reunion going out here.. or may be i m confused..he he he..

PurpleHeart said...

Someone once said, "You don't get a Good Life until you stop wanting one".

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here marshmallow--cream.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Scientific Research points that about 60% of all U.S. grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you dispatch, choice look progressive for the duration of more cognate articles soon as its one of my pet subject-matter to read.